Everything else in this blog is true

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Let It Slide

Well, after finally coming to the conclusion that I was going to tell my dad how it makes me feel when he jokes about gay people, I've gotten over it and decided not to tell him. I'm sure if it happens again I'll get angry again and I might tell him then. But for now my heart is filled with love for my dad once again. We had a long day of snowmobiling in the deep powder of the Uintas with no beginners and no amateurs with us. It was a blast! So all is right with the world once again.

If anyone is reading this I hope 2007 brings lots of good stuff and only a tiny bit of crappy stuff.

Filed in:

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric Mortensen said...

i know what you mean...but i honestly think that for most people it's not joking about being gay...but joking about being what you're not. i kind of joke about being gay sometime, altho not in a derrogatory way (i just joke as if i like someone a LOT more than i actually do), but i also joke about being super fit and attactive (i ain't neither) or a ladies man (ain't that neither). i think it's hard to judge that sort of thing if you isolate it. perhaps it should be viewed as a part of someone's overall behavior.

6:03 PM EST

 
Blogger Myles said...

Hmmm... well I guess I agree since I let it slide in the end anyway. I know what you mean and I do it too... the joking around about things that I'm not. But I don't think I'd do it in front of a person with that particular issue. Especially if it were someone in my family. Like I said, imagine if you had a retarded brother and he were sitting with you at a restaurant. Would you start making retard jokes with your buddies? I dunno... seems like a dicky thing to do.

10:58 PM EST

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home